What’s it like to work here? Collaborative. Dynamic. A new challenge every day. (Our workspace is pretty great, too.) Careers at 1848 Ventures offer unlimited potential for growth and typically take one of three paths:
- Stay with 1848 Ventures and enjoy the variety that comes with new venture development.
- Fall in love with one of the ventures and leave to help it launch.
- Follow a project that spins into our core business, Westfield.
1848 Ventures is located in Medina County, on Westfield’s campus. In recent years, the site has been transformed into a state-of-the-art workplace that has been intentionally designed to support collaborative and innovative work. Predictable commute times from most areas of Northeast Ohio make getting to work a breeze, too.
Our beautiful campus includes amenities such as:
- Outside facilities enabled for work and meetings
- State-of-the-art dining facility
- Starbucks coffee
- On-site wellness center
1848 Ventures also offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits, and wellness. We extend this package to all full-time employees, as well as limited benefits for part-time employees. More details can be found on the Westfield Careers page on our website (westfieldinsurance.com).
And why Northeast Ohio? It’s simple, really: Great people, great cities, great food. (And don’t forget one of the Great Lakes!) This is Midwest charm at its best – and did we mention the cost of living is extremely reasonable?
Need more reasons? Just check out the following:
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Great Lakes Science Center
- A game from one of our beloved sports teams (Cleveland Browns, Indians, and Cavs – take your pick!)
- Walking/driving distance to the Cleveland Metroparks and Lake Erie
- Award-winning restaurants and theaters
- Museums for people of all ages to enjoy
“I relocated from Chicago, and I can attest that Cleveland has all the big-city amenities without the big-city traffic or prices. Plus, I love the outdoors and love that hiking, biking, kayaking, and more are only minutes away at the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and Cleveland’s Metro Park system.”
Ken Ashner, Concept Development
“We’re a short drive from restaurants, sports, events, Lake Erie, and direct flights from Hopkins International Airport. Northeast Ohio is a great place to live and raise a family.”
Brian Bemiller, Concept Development
Think you’re a good fit? Want to join our team? We’re looking for team members who:
- Are results-driven and maintain focus on delivering value
- Are empathetic and seek to understand others, including business owners, partners, and fellow team members
- Are critical thinkers and problem solvers who can connect the dots between disparate ideas and data points to see new opportunities and challenges
- Are collaborators who are energized by working with others, learning new things, and exposure to new experiences
- Have a growth mindset and believe that their talents (and those of our team) can be developed over time
- Are givers who seeks out ways to be helpful to others
- Have grit that enables them to persevere over the long term in spite of setbacks
- Are comfortable embracing ambiguity and bring clarity to complex conversations
Ready to write your own future? Check out our job openings.